to Christ Lutheran Church
Thanks for visiting our web site! I want to share with you a little bit about what makes Christ Lutheran Church the special place that it is.
- We are a member congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, simply known as the ELCA. Locally we are a partner church of the St Paul Area Synod.
- We are a suburban church of 750+ baptized members and typically 200+ people who gather at our two worship services on any given Sunday.
- We are located within the village of Lake Elmo and have roots in this community for over 159 years. Our strengths include hospitality, worship, mission outreach and discipleship.
- We are active, supporting both local and global agencies working towards addressing human needs.
- We are in on going partnerships with other Lutheran congregations including First Lutheran, East St Paul, Lulanzi, Tanzania, St Croix Valley Outreach and with the LePage Family in England.
- We house ministries such as AA groups and Boy Scouts, Brownies and Girl Scouts, Robins Nest, St Croix Valley Trail riders and Vienna Community Arts.
- We are the home of the Pork and Sauerkraut Supper!
Our desire is to be a real and relevant faith community that is reflective, inclusive and welcoming to all. Central to our mission is our weekly gathering around the "good news" of Jesus Christ, the sacraments of baptism and communion and our joyful response to God's gift of grace in our daily lives.
On Sundays you will find two distinct worship styles and numerous educational and social opportunities for all ages and families.
Wednesday nights are very significant in our week with music rehearsals and educational opportunities.
Of course, there are other days in the week in which a great variety of ministries and opportunities take place in and through Christ Lutheran Church.
It is our prayer that you will feel welcomed both personally and spiritually in this place. We are growing deep together in our relationship with Christ and one another.
Blessings! Pastor Julie L Rogness